Operations Manager Role
Location- Addis Ababa
Salary- As per company scale
TruLuv Granola is an artisanal all-natural snacks company based out of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. We are a dynamic female-led business started in 2016, that makes healthy snacks made with ingredients we aim to sustainably source from local smallholder farmers and that are crafted by Ethiopian women.
Our all-natural snack bars and bite size snacks are made with unique Ethiopian ingredients and flavors, like coffee, berbere, white honey and teff. TruLuv Granola contains no added sugar or artificial flavoring, and is sweetened only with Ethiopian honey.
We are at an exciting point as we continue to grow our sales within Ethiopia and begin to work on export.
As we embark on this journey, we are looking for a passionate, energetic self-starter to join our team in the role of Operations Manager. You will work directly with our CEO to take on the following responsibilities towards attracting and engaging talent, and improving organizational processes and efficiency.
You will be in charge of overseeing daily operations of our business, providing inspired leadership for our employees and managers, making important policy and strategic decisions, as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures. You will also be leading recruiting, and support a company culture that encourages morale and performance. You may also be expected to deputize the CEO from time to time.
We expect you to have prior experience in a few of the following: operations, project management, hiring, HR along with management or a leadership position in a business. Experience in a startup as it has transitioned and grown is a plus. Emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills will ensure your success in this role. Decision-making and problem-solving will take up a great part of your day.
- Maintain constant communication with management, staff, and vendors to ensure proper operations of the organization.
- Play significant role in long-term planning, project status reporting, and implementing change control processes.
- Oversee and reports weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual metrics/reporting.
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget.
- Oversee operational systems, processes, and infrastructure while looking for opportunities of improvement or revision.
- Implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach employees.
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
- Lead, motivate, and support our team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment, including career development plans for all direct reports (and supporting managers to create the same) and problem resolution.
- Manage data collection for updating operations metrics to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors, and deliver excellent customer service.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to improve tools and systems.
- Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing.
- Support company-wide training programs.
- Solicit and respond to feedback while gaining commitment and support.
- Work with senior stakeholders.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Anticipate and track operational and tactical risks, providing strategic solutions.
- Raise and track issues and conflicts, remove barriers, resolve issues, escalate to appropriate level when required.
- Analyze and improve organizational process and workflow, employee and space requirements.
- Establish and maintain credible, professional relationships with clients, internal business lines, and external vendors.
- Responsible for facilities management, and management of any company or rental vehicles, any other property.
- Run a safe, injury/accident-free workplace.
- Works closely with CEO on other special planning and departmental projects.
TruLuv is offering an opportunity to be part of a dynamic and diverse team that is committed to developing a business that has a positive impact in the lives of its employees and community. The role is ideal for an ambitious candidate with a strong set of experiences in hiring, coaching team members, developing and implementing strategy and processes.
Qualifications & Skills-
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field;
- Excellent written and spoken English and Amharic;
- Minimum 3 years in operations management or project management role in a fast-growing business.
- Strong budget development and oversight skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizing skills to coordinate project activities
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organizational control of operations and customer service
- Experience developing and implementing operational procedures and policies
- Ability to conduct research for special projects, respond timely inquiries, and present written/ oral briefings
- Skilled in conflict management
- Good decision-making skills and response to high-pressure situations
- Creativity and ability to take initiative;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Self-motivated; proactive, seeks opportunities for self-improvement;
- Alignment with TruLuv values: going above & beyond, being down-to-earth, valuing open communication and being compassionate.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply!
You’ll succeed in this role because…
…you’re tenacious and self-motivated, able to work independently. Entrepreneurial and proactive, you’ve proved you can create new opportunities to improve production. You listen carefully and know what it takes to influence others. You take responsibility for your own career and seek out opportunities to develop your skills.
You’ll luv it because…
…you’ll get to make an impact. You’ll be responsible for your own projects – we can’t wait to listen to your ideas. The products you get out there will make people’s lives better. And our dynamic, ownership-driven culture will help bring the very best out of you, every day.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter explaining interest in the position (in particular, please answer the question: what excites you about the opportunity to lead TruLuv operations), a one-page resume, and contact details for two references (one who has managed you, the other who is someone you’ve been a leader to), to email@example.com with “Operations Manager” as the email subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
TruLuv Granola considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.