Junior Production Manager Role
Location- Addis Ababa
Salary- As per company scale
TruLuv Granola is an artisanal all-natural snacks company based out of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. We are a dynamic female-led business started in 2016, that makes healthy snacks made with ingredients we aim to sustainably source from local smallholder farmers and that are crafted by Ethiopian women.
Our all-natural snack bars and bite size snacks are made with unique Ethiopian ingredients and flavors, like coffee, berbere, white honey and teff. TruLuv Granola contains no added sugar or artificial flavoring, and is sweetened only with Ethiopian honey.
We are at an exciting point as we continue to grow our sales within Ethiopia and begin to work on export.
As we embark on this journey, we are looking for a passionate, energetic self-starter to join our team in the role of Junior Production Manager. You will work directly with our CEO to take on the following responsibilities towards the smooth running of all production lines and the quality of output.
You’ll be involved in the pre-production (planning) stage as well as the production (control and supervision) stage. A large part of the job is dealing with people and resource management.
We expect you to have deep know-how in production procedures. Ability to direct personnel towards maximum performance will set you apart as a leader. Decision-making and problem-solving will take up a great part of your day.
- Oversee and maintain safety practices in accordance with safe operations and in compliance with company policies.
- Liaise with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
- Plan and execute the production schedule, providing supervision and direction to production team members and line managers.
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
- Allocate resources to ensure minimum downtime and completion of scheduled activities.
- Conduct safety and orientation training with new employees.
- Supervise, motivate and evaluate performance of production personnel (quality inspectors, workers etc.)
- Ensure customer orders are completed on time and to budget and that quality standards and targets are met
- Select equipment when needed and take responsibility for its maintenance
- Set and meet quality standards
- Ensure that the production will be cost effective by estimating costs and negotiating and agreeing budgets with CEO
- Monitor productivity rates and product standards
- Organise the repair of any damaged equipment
- Assist in running and troubleshooting production jobs.
- Liaise with different departments, teams and companies, e.g. suppliers, managers, clients
- Work with managers to implement the company’s policies and goals
- Collate and analyse data, putting together production reports for both factory managers and customers
- Communicate shift activity to personnel and keep them informed of the changes to equipment, processes and materials / supplies.
- Provide training, guidance and coaching to employees in a consistent and constructive manner.
- Work closely with peers to develop good team working relationship and cross shift team relationships.
- Review production records for completeness and accuracy.
- Maintain inventory and replenishment of all production supplies/raw materials.
- Control and organize timesheets for production personnel.
- Drive continuous performance improvement to a future state vision by analysing processes, collecting data, and working with cross-functional teams to implement process improvements
- Willing to work the hours needed to satisfy production requirements and drive positive change
- Consistently comply with all company policies and ensure all team members do the same
- Address team member issues and deliver corrective action to include behaviour, safety, quality, GMP, sanitation, work standards and time infractions.
- Other: Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
TruLuv is offering an opportunity to be part of a dynamic and diverse team that is committed to developing a business that has a positive impact in the lives of its employees and community. The role is ideal for someone earlier in their career looking to grow quickly and gain experience in production. The right person is self-motivated and comfortable working in a dynamic environment with multiple tasks and activities to support.
Qualifications & Skills-
- Recently obtained Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field;
- Excellent written and spoken English and Amharic;
- Minimum 1 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment; preferable in a food manufacturing facility.
- Experience in food, beverage or pharmaceutical industry, and/or working with FDA
- Deep knowledge of production management
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- Good oral, written, and communication/presentation skills;
- Strong organizational skills and time management;
- Strong work ethic;
- Creativity and ability to take initiative;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Attention to detail for ensure quality;
- Great internet and computer skills, including MS Office programs and conducting research online;
- Willingness to contribute ideas and feedback and provide suggestions;
- Self-motivated; proactive, seeks opportunities for self-improvement;
- Alignment with TruLuv values: going above & beyond, being down-to-earth, valuing open communication and being compassionate.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply!
You’ll succeed in this role because…
…you’re tenacious and self-motivated, able to work independently. Entrepreneurial and proactive, you’ve proved you can create new opportunities to improve production. You listen carefully and know what it takes to influence others. You take responsibility for your own career and seek out opportunities to develop your skills.
You’ll luv it because…
…you’ll get to make an impact. You’ll be responsible for your own projects – we can’t wait to listen to your ideas. The products you get out there will make people’s lives better. And our dynamic, ownership-driven culture will help bring the very best out of you, every day.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter explaining interest in the position (in particular, please answer the question: what excites you about working with the TruLuv brand/product), a one-page resume, and contact details for two references (one who has managed you, the other who is someone you’ve been a leader to), to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Junior Production Manager” as the email subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
TruLuv Granola considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.